Thursday, February 2, 2012

Am I cursed?

I genuinely think I might be cursed. Any ideas?


Evidence:

Late November 2011:
I crash my car, my pride and joy. I write it off, and two other cars with it. Other parties lie to cover their butts, so I get found to be at fault and lose a bunch of points off my license.

Early December 2011:
Get a speeding fine in a state I've never driven in before, on a road I've never driven on before, in a car I've never driven before, which I later find out has a faulty speedo. While interstate on a work trip!

Early January 2012:
First day back at work, and it turns out the night before our NSW Head Sales office was struck by lightning. Twice.
Strike fried almost every VoIP phone, almost every Switch, the only server, and all of the VMs that were running on it, the Cable Modem, 8+ motherboards in workstations, 5+ PSUs in workstations.
Residual damage from the strike destroys several further switches in varying degrees of sparks and electrical smoke.

Two weeks ago, I get cut off by some jerk in a white van who pretends to let me merge (I have right of way) and then speeds up at the last second to try and make me run out of road and crash in to a gutter.

Last Week, nearly get killed by a courier truck almost crushing me while driving through North Ryde.

Last night, after cooking dinner I seriously burn my finger and now there's a massive blister on it that is annoying the hell out of me.

For the last 3 weeks one of my customers has had a problem that I simply cannot figure out how to fix. It's stressing the hell out of me.

Work keeps piling up faster than I can complete it, and people keep hassling me for things that I just don't have time to do.

I keep getting woken up at 5:30am by the guy across the road doing a burnout on his way to work.

Two nights ago, my SSD in my PC dies completely!

Last night, I get woken up at 1:30am by the MD's assistant because the MD is overseas and needs a file deleted on the network.

Tonight, the night before I go quad biking with by Brother-In-Law, the power at our Head Office goes out and all the servers go down. Now I have to wait for the power to come back on and go in to work to turn everything back on that doesn't turn on by itself. My off-sider is at a medical appointment in the morning and won't be around tomorrow. What's the bet I miss quad biking altogether?

I think I missed a couple things.

FML

No comments:

Post a Comment